HomeNewsIndia Positions Warships, Jet Fighters Into Striking Distance Against China

India Positions Warships, Jet Fighters Into Striking Distance Against China

"We once again solemnly ask the Indian side to follow our consensus, strictly regulate its front-line troops and do not cross the line, do not stir up troubles or make unilateral moves that may complicate matters."

India and China’s conflict have increased fear for World War 3 after Delhi ordered its military to move warships and fighter jets to within striking distance of China in the wake of escalating border conflict.

Delhi is empowering its armed forces to make emergency procurements to bulk up its fighting reserves following the intense violence that has so far claimed the lives of many soldiers.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Lawyers In the UK Threaten To Take Legal Action Against The Government

According to The Economic Times in India Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat has been advised to work with the country’s three armed forces to prioritise these requirements where necessary.

Sources told the publication that the Navy has also been signalled to move its firepower close to the Malacca Strait and, to other strategic positions in the Indo-Pacific to enable it to be ready to counter any attack from Beijing.

Currently, fighter jets have been positioned to more advanced locations in a sign that India and China could be going into a more bloody fight if the tide is not checked.

Although India had initiated a dialogue to contain the conflict in Ladakh, the Economic Times reported that the Government do not want to take chances following the bloody battle that took place on Monday night.

Delhi on Tuesday claimed that 20 of its soldiers had been killed in violent clashes with Chinese troops at the disputed border site at the Galwan Valley in what is now an intense escalation of several weeks of a standoff between the two Asian nuclear superpowers in the Western Himalayas.

India Positions Warships, Jet Fighters Into Striking Distance Against China - SurgeZirc UK
World War 3: Soldiers from both China and India have clashed in deadly battles / Photo credit Screengrab

China’s Foreign Ministry confirmed there had been a violent physical confrontation without mentioning any death, while India’s Foreign Ministry confirmed that there had been casualties on both sides.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: An Upsurge In Wildfires Across The UK Is Damaging Flora And Fauna

After learning that Beijing and Delhi had been in talks over ways to de-escalate, an Indian Government source told Reuters China’s People’s Liberation Army had turned on a group of Indian soldiers.

“They attacked with iron rods, the commanding officer was grievously injured and fell, and when that happened, more soldiers swarmed to the area and attacked with stones,” the source said.

Indian foreign ministry spokesman Anurag Srivastava said in a statement: “Both sides suffered casualties that could have been avoided had the agreement at the higher level been scrupulously followed by the Chinese side.”

India Positions Warships, Jet Fighters Into Striking Distance Against China - SurgeZirc UK
World War 3: Soldiers have clashed over claims along the disputed border of China and India / Photo credit: Screengrab

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian told reporters in Beijing: “What’s shocking is that on June 15, the Indian side severely violated our consensus and twice crossed the border line and provoked and attacked the Chinese forces, causing a violent physical confrontation between the two border forces.

“China is raising strong opposition and stern representations to the Indian side on this.”

He continued, “Our border troops had a high-level meeting and reached important consensus on easing the border situation but astonishingly on June 15 the Indian troops seriously violated our consensus and twice crossed the borderline for illegal activities and provoked and attacked Chinese personnel which led to serious physical conflict between the two sides and China has lodged strong protest and representation with the Indian side.

“We once again solemnly ask the Indian side to follow our consensus, strictly regulate its front-line troops and do not cross the line, do not stir up troubles or make unilateral moves that may complicate matters.”

Meanwhile, Delhi has claimed that it has been operating on its side of the Line of Actual Control, the de facto border.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Boris Johnson Makes A Major Win Over EU’s Right To Fish In UK Waters

The two nations have rival claims to huge areas of territory along their huge 2,173-mile border, and the disputes have remained peaceful since their short but brutal war in 1962.

Both countries created the impression they were making progress in talks last week, with Indian Army Chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane saying on Saturday: “I would like to assure you that the entire situation along our border with China is under control.

“Both sides disengaging in a phased manner starting from North in GRV where a lot of disengagement has taken place.”

Alice Campbell for SurgeZirc UK
Alice Campbell for SurgeZirc UK
Alice Campbell is a highly skilled and experienced royal writer, currently working with SurgeZirc UK. With a passion for journalism and a keen interest in the royal family, Alice has established herself as a prominent figure in the field.
RELATED ARTICLES
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x