Clarence House said that Prince Charles will be opening London’s new Nightingale Hospital, which will be used to treat intensive care COVID-19 patients.
The temporary facility will be a 4,000-bed treatment centre.
Prince Charles left self-isolation earlier this week following his COVID-19 diagnosis. He is set to launch the hospital at the ExCel convention centre in East London today, though via video-link.
The Prince of Wales is set to say a few words in tribute to all those who worked to build the facility and those who work on the frontline to help those affected with the coronavirus, from his Scottish home of Brimhall.
Health Secretary Matt Hancock, who also recently came out of self-isolation after recovering from the coronavirus will be attending the ceremony in person.
In other news, the owner Stagecoach said that Megabus will suspend their services in England and Wales by Sunday. This comes after non-essential travel has been banned.
Martin Griffiths, Stagecoach chief executive said: “I am proud of the tremendous efforts and sacrifices of our people and the country’s healthcare workers during such a challenging and uncertain time.”
He added: “We are continuing to work hard to ensure Stagecoach comes through this difficult period well placed for the significant long-term opportunities that we still see for public transport.”
Lastly, he said, “We would like to thank the respective governments and our local authority partners for their support through this very challenging period.”
Article submitted by Chante, Structured, Edited And Corrected By Charles Watson