The “Hello” hitmaker has finally reached a divorce settlement after almost two years of separation with her husband.
Adele,32, and Simon Konecki, 46, filed a judgement packet with the court on Friday, January 15. The two first announced that they were living separate lives in April 2019 then the singer officially filed in September.
In a statement, Adele’s representative said: “Adele and her partner have separated. They are committed to raising their son together lovingly. As always they ask for privacy. There will be no further comment.”
Nine months after the singer`s relationship with the charity CEO, Simon went public in January 2012, the couple welcomed their first son, Angelo. They married in a “secret” ceremony and the Adele confirmed the marriage during her Grammy acceptance speech back in 2017.
Last year in March, the couple signed a confidentiality agreement around the divorce. Adele and Simon are reportedly now seeking joint custody of their eight-year-old son Angelo.
A source told The Sun at the time: “Hollywood divorces can drag on for years and become extremely ugly. Adele and Simon clearly don’t want that. They are both committed to keeping the details as private as possible for the sake of their son. They are trying to work out their issues.
“She talks about  as a very difficult year, and she’s said in the past that creating new music is almost like therapy. You can tell that she is ready to share with her fans.”
In October last year, the Adele was rumoured to have moved on with the British rapper Skepta.