The Grammy Awards released awards in above 80 categories, recognizing artists in different genres and from different countries. But the four major categories which are Album of the Year, Song of the Year, Record of the Year, and Best New Artist went to just one person and that is Billie Eilish.
Billie Eilish mounted the stage wearing her trademark oversized, androgynous couture and neon green roots to receive all six awards that she and her brother who’s also her /producer/co-writer, Finneas O’Connell, were nominated for. ‘Eilish also won Best Pop Vocal Album and Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical.’
Billie Elilish made history as a new artist on the pop music scene to sweep all the Grammys major. She also became the youngest artist at 18, to win the coveted Album of the Year Grammy Award.
Currently, Eilish is the first woman to win all four of the Grammys’ major awards, a record that couldn’t wait but had to happen now at the 62nd annual edition of the Grammy awards. That shows that times have change and everything is possible now at the Grammys.
The nominees for Album of the Year, Song of the Year, Record of the Year, and Best New Artist are listed below, with the winner (a.k.a. Billie Eilish) in bold.
Song of the Year Billie Eilish
‘This award goes to the songwriters of a song.’
- “Always Remember Us This Way” — Natalie Hemby, Lady Gaga, Hillary Lindsey, and Lori McKenna, songwriters (Lady Gaga)
- “Bad Guy” — Billie Eilish O’Connell and Finneas O’Connell, songwriters (Billie Eilish) *WINNER*
- “Bring My Flowers Now” — Brandi Carlile, Phil Hanseroth, Tim Hanseroth, and Tanya Tucker, songwriters (Tanya Tucker)
- “Hard Place” — Ruby Amanfu, Sam Ashworth, D. Arcelious Harris. H.E.R., and Rodney Jerkins, songwriters (H.E.R.)
- “Lover” — Taylor Swift, songwriter (Taylor Swift)
- “Norman Fucking Rockwell” — Jack Antonoff and Lana Del Rey, songwriters (Lana Del Rey)
- “Someone You Loved” — Tom Barnes, Lewis Capaldi, Pere Kelleher, Benjamin Kohn, and Sam Roman, songwriters (Lewis Capaldi)
- “Truth Hurts” — Steven Cheung, Eric Frederic, Melissa Jefferson, and Jesse Saint John, songwriters (Lizzo)
Best New Artist Billie Eilish
‘This award is given to artists who have released their breakthrough recording during the Grammy eligibility period — October 1, 2018, to August 31, 2019, in the case of the 2020 awards — not to artists who made their first recording during that time.’
- Billie Eilish *WINNER*
- Black Pumas
- Lil Nas X
- Maggie Rogers
- Tank and the Bangas
Record of the Year
‘This award goes to the overall production of a single song and is awarded to the artist who records it.’
- “Hey, Ma” — Bon Iver
- “Bad Guy” — Billie Eilish *WINNER*
- “7 Rings” — Ariana Grande
- “Hard Place” — H.E.R.
- “Talk” — Khalid
- “Old Town Road” — Lil Nas X featuring Billy Ray Cyrus
- “Truth Hurts” — Lizzo
- “Sunflower” — Post Malone and Swae Lee
Album of the Year went to Billie Eilish
‘This award is given to an entire album and all of its songs.’